SCT Sylvan Green Travel Award
Congratulations to the Winner of the 2023 Sylvan Green Award!
Institute: Imperial College London
The 2023 Sylvan Green Award winner, Su Jin Kang, will present her talk Monday, May 22, titled “Biostatistical Models to Investigate Physiological Mediators Regarding Cognition on Cardio-Metabolic Risk Factors in the Middle-Aged: The CARDIA Study” from 12:45 – 1:05 pm. The award certificate will be presented during the Business Session on Tuesday, May 23, from Noon – 1:00 pm.
Biostatistical Models to Investigate Physiological Mediators Regarding Cognition on Cardio-Metabolic Risk Factors in the Middle-Aged: The CARDIA Study
Who is Eligible
Physicians, dentists, or other health professionals who are engaged as investigators or co-investigators in clinical trials or epidemiology projects.
Appropriate Topics for Submission
All clinical trial-related issues such as study design and data analysis methods; meta-analysis; medical, ethical or legal issues in clinical trials; diversity and inclusion in clinical trials; data entry, management, monitoring, sharing, informatics, and computing as it relates to clinical trials; review of the results or methods of a class of trials; or scholarship in the history of clinical trials. Important papers illustrating applications are particularly encouraged.
- Applicant must be first author on manuscript.
- At the time of submission, the manuscript should not be published or accepted for publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Applicant must be willing to attend SCT 2022 meeting in San Diego (May 15-18, 2022) to present the paper if selected as the winner of this award.
- An abstract of maximum 500 words.
- A short manuscript of maximum 1000 words not including title, author names, table/figure or bibliography; limit to only 1 table or figure. Preliminary results of the study should be included in the summary where applicable.
- The manuscript should be uploaded as a separate file on the submission portal.
- Indicate your credentials for eligibility.
- You may specify that if your submission is not chosen for this award, you would like it to be considered by the Program Committee for an oral or poster presentation.
- Visit the online submission form by clicking here, then click Contributed Sessions.
What the Winner Receives:
The winner will receive complimentary meeting registration (with the exception of optional ticketed courses/events), travel and hotel expenses to present at the SCT annual meeting, a one-year SCT membership, and a $500 cash prize.
About Dr. Sylvan Green
The Society made its first Sylvan Green award in 2011 to honor the legacy of Sylvan Green, MD who served as President of the Society in 1994, Chaired the Education Committee from 1994-2001, led the Student Scholarship Committee from 2003-2008, and was named an SCT Fellow in 2007.
Serving 24 years in the Biometry Branch of the National Cancer Institute, including leadership in Clinical and Diagnostic Trials Section, Dr. Green made numerous landmark methodology and practice contributions to clinical trials. He was a professor at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine from 1997 to 2002 and Professor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics - College of Public Health & inaugural Linda McCartney Breast Cancer Chair in Biometry, University of Arizona, Arizona Cancer Center from 2003 to 2008.
Upcoming SCT Annual Meetings
SAVE THE DATES for these upcoming meetings!
45th Annual Meeting
46th Annual Meeting
47th Annual Meeting
Phoenix, AZ, USA
48th Annual Meeting
Chicago, IL, USA
Minority Student Engagement Award
Call for the ED&I Student Award Nomination
The Society for Clinical Trials' (SCT) Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee (ED&I) is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for the 2022 ED&I Student Award. One of the many goals of the ED&I Committee is to promote a diverse SCT membership. To that end, we welcome applicants currently pursuing graduate or professional degrees in epidemiology, clinical fields (e.g. medicine, nursing, pharmacy), biostatistics, statistics, data science, and computer science with an interest in pursuing careers in clinical trials.
Each award will cover meeting registration, a one-year SCT membership, and up to $1600 for travel and hotel expenses to attend the 2022 SCT Annual Meeting (May 15-18, 2022) in San Diego, CA. All awardees will have the opportunity to network with the SCT leadership, members of the ED&I committee, and be recognized during the meeting.
Eligibility for this award will be guided by the definitions of race and ethnicity used by the National Institutes of Health in identifying underrepresented groups in biomedical research. As such, to be eligible, applicants must identify with at least one of the following: Black or African American, Hispanic/Latino, First Nations or Indigenous, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, other Pacific Islanders.
Qualified applicants may submit their application by emailing the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 18th, 2022.
- Institution Email Address
- A signed letter from your advisor at the institution certifying student status
- Personal statement describing
- a) your interest in pursuing a career in clinical trials and
- b) how membership in SCT and/or conference attendance will facilitate your professional development (limit 1000 words total)
- A statement indicating whether you plan to attend the annual conference in person
- Under-represented group(s) with which you identify: Black or African American, Hispanic/Latino, First Nations or Indigenous, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, other Pacific Islanders
Please note that applicants may not be current or previous members of SCT.
Awardees will be notified by April 1st, 2022.
SCT Sponsored Webinar Proposal
If you are interested in presenting a webinar for SCT members, please complete the SCT Webinar Proposal Form (Step 1 below) and submit to email@example.com (Step 2 below) for review and consideration by the SCT Education Committee. The Webinar Proposal Form should be no more than two pages long.
Click here for a sample SCT Webinar Proposal Form. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.